Sites & Languages
better cognitive performance
Cognitive scores were found to be higher in good vs. bad indoor air quality settings
lower disease transmission
U.S. schools with improved ventilation and air filtration had lower incidence of COVID-19
potential life savings
Indoor air pollution is associated with three million premature deaths annually
The United States and other governments around the world have begun to stress the importance of reducing the risk of indoor aerosol transmission which has shown to be the primary driver of the pandemic and other long-term health effects. Now more than ever, organizational leaders and building owners understand the relevance of keeping building occupants safe by focusing their attention on ventilation and other indoor air quality improvements.
Exhaled aerosols can contain infectious virus particles and stay airborne for an extended period. Several diseases (e.g. COVID-19, Influenza) are known to transmit via aerosols (airborne transmission).
Particulate matter (PM2.5)
Particulate matter agitates preexisting conditions, irritates lungs, and can cause heart attacks and cancer
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Carbon dioxide impacts overall cognitive performance, sleep quality and causes drowsiness
Molds produce microscopic airborne allergens or chemicals. Growth of mold is prevented by keeping the relative humidity below 70%
Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Airborne chemicals that result in temporary and chronic health conditions such as irritations and lung cancer
Specific VOC that causes eye irritation and can cause cancer at elevated concentrations
Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
Nitrogen oxides damage the human respiratory system at elevated concentrations
How to improve indoor air quality
Our portfolio of innovative sensor solutions enables air quality monitoring in a wide variety of applications. Explore where our sensors are integrated to improve air quality indoors.
New building standards and certifications aim at combining energy efficiency with people's health and well being. Our air quality sensors help customers comply with the most important standards.
Measuring air quality: our sensor solutions
Our environmental sensors detect air pollution to provide a complete picture of indoor air quality. The SEN5x all-in-one air quality sensor measures multiple air quality parameters to reduce time-to-market and integration efforts.
- Integrated algorithms for reliable and trustworthy measurements
- Proven design-in examples enable fast hardware design
- Dust-protection and long life-time
- Smallest form factor: < 10.1mm x 10.1mm x 6.5mm
- Reflow solderable (SMT) for space and cost-effective assembly
- Low-power mode for battery-driven applications
- Reliable Formaldehyde measurements in real life conditions
- Excellent long-term stability and 6 years service lifetime
- On-board RH and T compensation, additional RH and T output
- Complete sensor solution for detecting VOC and/or NOx events
- Proven performance improved
- Reliable and accurate long-term user experience
- Multiple variants with different accuracies available
- Broad voltage range: 1.08 to 3.6 V
- Ultra-low power consumption
Watch our webinars to learn more about indoor air quality